In September 2021, AMETEK Programmable Power unveiled a new multi-channel, programmable DC power supply: the Asterion DC ASA Series at 600W per channel. In November, AMETEK Programmable Power also announced the arrival of the Asterion DC ASM Series at 1,700W per channel in the same multi-channel design.
The new ASM series features the same three independent, isolated channels as seen on the ASA Series, but the ASM Series introduces 1,700W per channel for 5,100W of total output power. The ASM Series includes eight full power output options that can be mixed or matched to create custom solutions.
Legacy 1700W power supplies typically consume a full rack width at 1U high, but the Asterion ASM Series is a solution that combines 3 units into a single product, saving 67% of rack space.
- Three independent, isolated 1,700W channels, 5,100W total
- 1U rack-mount chassis
- Eight output options
- Multi-language, intuitive, color touch panel control
- Global 3-Phase AC Input options for system phase balancing
- Active power factor correction (PFC)
- Multi-channel programmable sequencing, ramps, and delays
- Full remote control via Virtual Panels TM GUI
- Standard LXI Ethernet, USB and RS232 control interfaces
- Optional GPIB control interface or isolated analog programming
- The Asterion DC ASM Series is designed for testing today’s complex electronics, including telecommunications and commercial electronics requiring low profile, light weight power supplies with high power density. Other applications include:
- Military and aerospace electronics test
- Test & Measurement ATE applications
- Semiconductor testing and burn-in
- Commercial manufacturing and process control
- Research and development
- Automotive component and battery testing