AEROSPACE TESTING

Dayton T. Brown Wins Navy Contract and Initial Task Order Funding

In January of this year Dayton T. Brown, Inc. (DTB) was awarded an $82.6 million IDIQ (indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity) contract from the US Navy in support of the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division’s Special Missions Integrated Test Facility (AIR-5.4). The supplies and services being procured are in support of the continued development of the Mobile Mission System (MMS) family of system capabilities. It is expected that new MMS units and supporting equipment will be procured, along with labor to perform maintenance, repair, modification, and deployment of the current systems.

“We’re very excited to continue and expand our long-standing relationship with the US Navy,” said Tom Zimoulis, senior vice president of the Engineering & Test Division at DTB. “This contract will be a key component of growth for the Company in 2019 and beyond.”

The newly announced award is in addition to the eight-year Aircraft Prototype Systems Division (APSD) contract that DTB won in late 2017. The Company is currently performing on two active Delivery Orders on the APSD contract and continues to compete on new task orders as they are released.

“Winning this new contract gives us the opportunity to continue to increase our presence in the Patuxent River area,” said Larry Howard, Patuxent River site manager. “We are appreciative of the trust and confidence that the Navy has shown in us, and we look forward to beginning work on the contract immediately.”

The contract has a period of performance of seven years, through December 2025, and will be funded on a task order basis. An initial task order was awarded on January 1st as a follow-on to a previous contract for the procurement and delivery of two specialized MMS units.

The company anticipates that 91percent of the direct work on the new contract will be performed in Maryland, with the remaining 9 percent performed in Bohemia – mostly for design, engineering, and testing.


LOGIN or SUBSCRIBE

Enter you REGISTERED email

Aerospace Tech Review Magazine - Subscription Popup

Already a subscriber? Log in