Albany, NY—April 26, 2022—MTI Instruments, a U.S.-based manufacturer of advanced test and measurement equipment, introduces the PBS eXpress aircraft engine vibration analysis and balancing system. The PBS eXpress is designed to optimize small-frame turbofan and turboprop engines, commonly utilized in regional jet, business jet and general aviation. The PBS eXpress runs advanced algorithms to record vibration and speed and generate a one-shot balancing solution. The portable system features intuitive setup and operation as well as powerful visualization tools like vibration surveys, exportable data and PDF reporting. Supported propulsion systems include the most popular small-frame engines and APUs from major OEMs such as Honeywell, Rolls-Royce, PWC and Williams.
The PBS eXpress utilizes the same “DNA technology” as the company’s
PBS-4100+ family – the most respected turbo-fan engine vibration and balancing solution on the market today – to deliver this compact, feature-rich system.
Market-leading features of the PBS eXpress include:
– Modern Interface – Color touchscreen operates the entire Windows-based user interface
– Extreme Simplicity – The Trim Balance Wizard streamlines the dialog process with simple-to-follow steps
– Advanced Functionality – Rapidly calculates optimized engine balancing solutions accounting for existing weights on the engine and generates detailed “before and after” PDF reports
– Convenience – Lightweight and portable system operates 6-plus hours between charges
– Ease of Migration – Connects directly to existing cables and sensors
Competitive Pricing – An introductory offer is 20% – 30% less than competitive options
“The PBS eXpress offers many of the advanced features found on more sophisticated engine balancing systems – but at a price point and form factor that is optimal for MRO organizations and operators who maintain and fly small-to-mid-sized corporate and regional jets,” said Moshe Binyamin, president and CEO of MTI Instruments. “The PBS eXpress’s intuitive user interface enables first-time users to perform vibration analysis and engine rotor balancing, with minimal training.”
The PBS eXpress was on display at MRO Americas 2022, last week. In addition, MTI presented its next-generation 1520 precision signal simulator as supporting equipment for the PBS eXpress. With proven accuracy, Wi-Fi connectivity and rugged construction, the portable 1520 allows technicians to bring a laboratory-grade precision function generator directly to the flightline.