United Airlines has announced a new hourly service between Washington and New York/Newark Liberty International Airport.
United will operate the new Bombardier CRJ-550 on this service. A 50-seat regional aircraft, the CRJ-550 promises Wi-Fi, more leg room and enough space for every customer to bring a roller bag on board.
Tickets for the 13 daily flights between New York/Newark and Washington, D.C. will be available for purchase from January 18.
“Our customers who regularly travel between Washington, D.C. and New York – one of the busiest routes in the country – have told us they value convenient flights and a comfortable ride above all else,” said Sarah Murphy, United’s senior vice president of United Express. “With our new shuttle service aboard the one-of-a-kind CRJ-550, United Airlines is the only carrier to deliver both.”
The CRJ-550 boasts several amenities new to the regional aircraft category, including:
- 10 seats in United First, 20 seats in Economy Plus, and 20 Economy seats
- Space for every customer to bring a roller bag on board.
- A self-serve refreshment center for United First customers featuring a wide assortment of snacks and beverages.
- More overall legroom per seat than any other 50-seat aircraft flown by a U.S. airline.
- The ability to stay connected while in flight with United Wi-Fi.
United’s daily shuttle service between New York/Newark-and D.C. starts March 29, 2020.